We encourage you to submit your contributions till 2nd of February, 2018!
Your abstract will be strictly reviewed by our Programme Committee, so please, keep to the guidelines set in the template which can be found in the registration page. Only such submissions may be qualified to be presented. If writing an abstract is a new thing, you are welcome to use this brief guide to abstract writing by Philip Koopman.
After successful submission of your abstract, following guidelines might be useful.
- Presenters will have 15 minutes for their talks and discussion. The recommended duration for the talk is 12 minutes, leaving 3 minutes for questions. Participants are welcome use the provided computer with software for showing slides in PPT, PPTX and PDF formats. Participant should upload their files and/or test their presentations before the session.
- While preparing, please be aware of the audience consisting of young researchers most probably not well familiar with the context of your research. Therefore, we strongly advise to include a brief introduction to your field of research.
- We recommend A1 size poster in portrait. Area for poster is 1,5 meter in height and 1 meter in width. Organizers will provide participants with all the necessary equipment to hang the posters. Participants can put their posters up at the beginning of the day of their poster session or just before it.
Registration and attending is completely free! If you need any additional information or you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact us directly via e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Here we suggest some of the cheaper accommodation options in the beautiful city of Vilnius, but of course you can consider using booking.com or any other search engine. Organisers are not responsible for the accomodation, but you are always welcome to contact us if any questions appear.
Aušros Vartų st. 17-1, Vilnius
4-bed dormitory room: €11/bed;
6-bed dormitory room: €10/bed;
Double room: €28/room.
Rūdninkų st. 13-5, Vilnius
Double room: €34/room;
Single bed in 6-bed dormitory room: €12/bed;
Single bed in 4-bed dormitory room: €14/bed.
Slucko st. 8, Vilnius
Single room: €58/room;
Double or twin room: €66/room;
Triple room: €81/room.
B. Radvilaitės st. 3-1, Vilnius
Double room with shared bathroom: €35/room;
Bed in 6-bed dormitory room: €14/bed.
Gedimino av. 2A-3, Vilnius
Double room: €33/room;
Triple room: €41/room;
Quadruple room: €55/room.
Pylimo str. 63, Vilnius
Single room: €36/room;
Double room €38/room.
Lithuanian Journal of Physics
Open Readings is inviting you to submit an article based on your abstract to Lithuanian Journal of Physics (2015 impact factor 0.574, 5-year impact factor 0.505). There will be organized peer-review and the journal issue will be published around June.
First article submission deadline is 14th of March. If you submit only abstract now, article submission deadline is 30th of April, but bear in mind that in this case article will most likely be printed 3 months later at the second journal issue.
If you are interested, send an email to email@example.com with subject “Lithuanian Journal of Physics”.
Arrival and getting around
Arriving from the bus/train station
To get to NFTMC, take trolleybus number 2 from the bus stop “Stotis A” in front of the train station and get off at “Nemenčinės plentas” or “Saulėtekis” bus stop.
Arriving from the airport
There are two options:
- Take bus 3G from the bus stop “Oro uostas” which is located in front of the airport. Exit the bus at “Žaliasis tiltas” and then take trolleybus number 10 or 14. Get off at “Nemenčinės plentas” or “Saulėtekis” bus stop. The fastest route on the time convenient to you can be found here: trafi.lt
- Take a train (train stop is just by the airport) to get to the train station (timetables can be found here). After arriving to train station just follow instruction “Arriving from the bus/train station”
Purchasing bus/trolleybus tickets:
- Purchase single-ride ticket from the driver. Cost: €1 (€0.5 for students with LSP or ISIC).
- Other types of tickets (30 minute, 60 minute, 1, 3 or 10 days) are only available if you purchase Vilnius card (“Vilniečio kortelė”) and charge it at “Narvesen”, “Lietuvos spauda” or “Spauda” kiosks. More information at vilnius-tourism.lt
Arriving by car
The parking lot marked at the following map will be open for conference participants.